SALINA CITY ELECTION – PUBLIC NOTICE
Public notice is hereby given that the dates for persons wishing to file as candidates for the office of Salina City Mayor or Councilmember are between June 1, 2017 and June 7, 2017. Filing deadline is June 7, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Qualifications of a candidate for the office of City Mayor or Councilmember are:
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election
(3) Be a legal resident of Salina City for a period of 365 consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the election.
(4) Be a registered voter of Salina City
(5) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
Salina City residents will be electing a Mayor and two Councilmembers to serve four year terms at the general municipal election on November 7, 2017. The Primary Election date is Tuesday, August 15, 2017 (if needed).
Each person wishing to become a candidate for a non-partisan municipal office shall file a declaration of candidacy form or nomination petition in person with the Salina City Recorder at 90 West Main Street, Salina, during regular business hours and not later than 5:00 p.m. June 7, 2017. There is no filing fee.
Salina City Recorder
Published on the Utah Public Notice Website, Salina City office and Salina City Website (salinacity.org) and the Richfield Reaper and Salina Sun January 26, 2017.