Preparations are being made for the 8th Annual Eyes to the Sky Balloon Festival to be held June 19-21, 2015 in Salina, Utah. Launches will be held each morning at 6:45 am. Right now there are 25 balloons scheduled to fly the skies of Salina and there is a waiting list for at least 10 more that would like to come if they are able to find sponsorship.
Volunteers, vendors and community members met at the Community Center met tonight with Mayor Deaton to discuss the future of the balloon festival. We would like to keep and grow the balloon festival in Salina and in order to do so we need to have volunteers and fundraisers. The Salina area needs to become a destination for tourists and families.
Here are the Confirmed Activities for Friday night:
- Salina Fire Department Poker Tournament
- The Wolf Country Showdown, Main Street 6:00 pm
- Street Dance, Main Street, sponsored by the Lion’s Club
Confirmed Activities for Saturday
- Aurora Fire Department Breakfast at launch site, 6-10 am
- Craft and Food Vendors
- Motorcycle and Classic Car Cruise
- Entertainment on Main Street
- Stage Entertainment starting at 7:00 pm
- Balloon Glow at Sunset on Main Street
- Poker Run sponsored by Salina Area Chamber of Commerce
- Colored Chalk Throw sponsored by Salina Fire Department
There are still a lot of activities that can be done to support this event. Here are some ideas:
- Inflatables (bounce house, slide, etc)
- kite flying contest
- face painting, carnival games, etc
- 5K walk/run, bike race
- street ball tournament
- Chalk the walk contest
- scavenger hunt
- lawn mower races, pedal tractor races, etc
DO NOT PLAN ANY ACTIVITIES DURING BALLOON LAUNCHES OR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT CONCERTS AND SATURDAY GLOW
This is a great opportunity for fundraisers and to bring tourists and visitors to Salina.
Craft vendor applications will be available next week. Jean Beckstead is the vendor manager. Her number is 435-201-9616.
All food vendors must be approved through Paula Martin.
If there is an activity you would like to do, please confirm with
Paula Martin, Balloon Festival Director
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED
At launch site each morning, greeting and handing out information, help with pairing up sponsors and pilots Friday morning, etc
To keep up with current information about the Eyes to The Sky Balloon Festival go to their website: eyestotheskyballoon.com